- Manage the development of corporate-wide accounting policies and procedures and drive compliance across functions; ensure accounts consolidation through quarterly compilation, semi-annual external review and full external annual audit and applicable accounting for subsidiaries, as per the defined local and international guidelines and regulations.
- Verify and review the transaction flows and set-up for posting transactions to Saudi Post’s general ledger and ensure that financial accounting transactions are accurately reflected in accordance with policies, regulatory requirements, and accounting standards.
- Lead and guide the effective management and maintenance of the fixed asset ledger and depreciation and ensure compliance with local and international accounting standards and processes.
- Monitor and ensure the communication of the schedule for the month and year-end closing activities to all stakeholders in order to ensure complete, timely and accurate execution of closing activities and reconciliation of general ledger accounts as per the defined schedule.
- Lead and direct the various disbursement related activities ensuring timely processing of payments to vendors and employees, reviewing the issuance of letters of credit and bank guarantees; reviewing the preparation of advance cash and check payments to ensure sufficient funds are available for payments due and transactions are done according to the defined policies and quality standards.
- Manage and review account payables/receivables related transactions, and review aging of payables/receivables in order to effectively follow-up and liaise with internal/external stakeholders on insufficient or incorrect accounting information to maintain effective control over payments made and received within Saudi Post.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of the financial reports as required by management and provide explanations on related matters when raised.
- Work closely with the financial controlling department and ensure the timely provision of the general ledger and all other financial information needed to develop Saudi Post’s financial statements
Ensure the effective liaison and coordination with financial controlling team and deliver all the necessary information, documentation and data required for the completion of audit assignments and resolve any outstanding audit queries.
Tax Regulation and Payment
- Continuously monitor changes and updates on tax regulations and provide consultations regarding Zakat and tax calculation and payment to ensure that Saudi Post is implementing the latest regulations.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of periodic tax reports to management to ensure compliance with legislative regulations.
Provide consulting services and expert advice to various departments within Saudi Post on matters pertaining to Zakat and tax payment and structuring to ensure that all relevant parties are kept informed regarding taxation practices.
- Direct the development of an inventory plan and oversee the process of managing the inventory stock value and replenishment through forecasting, reviewing of materials required in order to ensure the provision of the required supplies in a timely and efficient manner thus minimizing lead time and optimizing inventory turnover.
- Within the context of each initiative, the role ensures the:
Planning &amp; execution of projects and initiatives
Key objectives, metrics, timelines, and roles are clear
Initiative teams are integrating the priority initiatives
Process and management tools are in place
- Identify, train, deploy, coach, and continually mentor initiative team members to collaborate with initiative teams.
- Accountable for the value capture, the planning and execution of the assigned initiative strategy
- Engages and manages resources (team) as needed
- Breakdown each initiative into key actions and identify operational, financial impact, drivers and
- Evaluate performance and key drivers using analytical and qualitative data
- Provide structured assessment of whether initiatives are on track and put in interventions to keep it on track
- Embed expertise and skills into initiative working plans
- Create action plans and mitigation where impact is at-risk and facilitate follow up to address road blocks to delivery
- Align on key metrics to use for transformation performance
- Determine the right way to assess baseline and monitor metric progress
To lead and manage the frontline operations and processing facilities across the Kingdom to ensure the highest quality of service, optimization of cost and adhering to internationally defined policies. The role is responsible for ensuring service standards and objectives are met and exceeded, managing manpower and delivery of operational projects including infrastructure and change projects. The role is also responsible for developing the teams to upskill them and ensure the leadership behaviors are in line with Saudi Post ethos.
Responsibilities and accountability:
Strategy formulation, implementation, and necessary plans
Participating in developing and improving the comprehensive business strategy of Saudi Post, and contributing in general to the company's management and decision-making in order to ensure success in achieving the message of Saudi Post, as a member of the Executive Management Team
Work with the VP Operations to prepare the Operational Division’s strategy and provide
guidance on its implementation in line with Saudi Post’s vision, mission and institutional goals, in cooperation with the COO and other customer experience managers at Saudi Post
Provide directions and ensure that the overall business strategy is translated into annual operating business plans and monitor the level of performance in order to ensure that the business plans are in line with the overall strategy
Provide general direction on effectively achieving people’s goals through effective leadership and setting individual goals to achieve people’s goals, developing and motivating the team to achieve the highest possible level of performance
Determining the optimal organizational structure and providing guidance on setting up divisional structures so that resources are used optimally and communication is done in an effective manner, in cooperation with the human capital sector at Saudi Post
Work with colleagues from customer experience to achieve synergy between the efforts made in the various sectors of Saudi Post in order to succeed in achieving strategic goals
Investigating and adopting available ways to develop talent in the various sectors of Saudi Post, thus enhancing talent solutions, in cooperation with specialized experts
Providing general direction and guidelines in order to direct subordinates and their teams, advise them, motivate them, and challenge them, whilst providing opportunities for growth and development and guide them on ways to achieve the people engagement strategy
Establishing a role model and enhancing commitment to the organization's values and ethics in order to ensure the creation of a culture based on value
Budgeting and financial performance
Provide guidance on the annual budget, preparation and standardization, as well as monitoring the financial performance against the budget so as to optimize cost and identify areas where the financial performance was not satisfactory as well as the potential improvement opportunities are identified, applied and utilized
Policies, systems, mechanisms and procedures
Providing directives on developing people's policies, systems, mechanisms, procedures and controls covering all functional areas, improving and applying them so that all relevant procedural / regulatory requirements are met in accordance with the people’s strategy
The management of change
Providing direction and guidelines regarding change management at the level of the operations through continuous improvement of divisional systems, procedures and practices, taking into account "best international standards" and changes in the business environment
Excellence in customer service
Encouraging and urging improvement and a continuous commitment to customer experience standards in line with the overall business strategy
Encouraging and urging the institutionalization of policies and procedures within the framework of proactively achieving customer satisfaction
Encouraging the creation of a customer-focused culture that improves the customer journey at Saudi Post
Provide general guidance on the continuous review and improvement of customer experience management strategies, related policies and initiatives and to ensure compliance with established quality standards to achieve excellence in customer service
Urging the establishment and strengthening of key business relationships with all relevant external / internal stakeholders while adhering to the highest standards of work ethics that increase opportunities for Saudi Post to the maximum extent possible while ensuring its alignment with the strategic orientation and work requirements of Saudi Post
Ensuring that all divisional reports are completed in a timely manner and compliance with Saudi Post policies and standards
Provides guidance on preparing periodic management reports and progress reports to keep key stakeholders informed of the progress of various initiatives and facilitate decision-making
Study and design long-term organizational strategies for processing operations and support the Vice President of Operations with reports for improvements that meet customer expectations and production capacity for future business requirements
Work with the Vice President of Operations to create an operational study for new products and services, and to develop operational policies and standard operating procedures
Designing and developing the strategy in a more efficient and productive manner in the sorting centers based on the needs and requirements of Saudi Post through the centers ’leadership
Lead the implementation of the Operational Roadmap to upgrade the Saudi Post infrastructure to include automation, mechanization and process improvement and excellence
Leading change in line with the strategic objectives of Saudi Post related to the scope and quality of services provided by the official post unit. Work closely with the human capital team to understand the nature of the changes (for example, customer orientation, process discipline) and ask the human capital team to lead the culture change process
Take a proactive and pragmatic approach so that continuous change is managed by dealing with direct reports in the field to assess how regions are heading to face challenges in handling postal dispatches and deliver quality of service
In collaboration with the Vice President of Operations, develop the mindset of operational excellence and best practice
Policies and procedures
Provide oversight to implement policies, procedures and controls on all operations to meet business, customer and procedural requirements while providing high-quality, cost-effective services
Preparing standard operating procedures according to the standards for processing centers and securing equipment, machinery and needs in coordination with the relevant support units
Preparing reports continuously to document performance during the year. Ensure that relevant reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and submitted to the Vice President of Operations to document
performance against goals and adherence to policies and procedures
Design operating plans and procedures and communicate with the concerned authorities to develop the operational level and achieve the best performance
Overseeing all operational activities of the screening, in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure that all work within the sorting and exchange centers is carried out in an efficient and productive manner
Work closely with heads to analyze operational performance to develop measures to improve and meet the ever-changing processing requirements of Saudi Post as volumes grow and service standards become more demanding
Receive and review all reports from department heads to review them and take actions according to work schedules and the estimated peak period annually to ensure manpower availability during high-volume seasons
Prepare management guidelines regarding volume reports for postal items as well as all other relevant statistics in an accurate and timely manner to meet requirements, policies and standards
Facilitate accurate and timely completion of operations so that total mail operations operate optimally and meet targets